Housing disrepair

Penetrating Damp and Molud Compensation Claims

2 minutes, 58 seconds Read

Penetrating damp and mould compensation claims can be a good way to get recompense for your financial and personal losses. You can also claim for your medical expenses if your health has been affected by this substance. You can submit proof of these expenses to prove your case. You can also seek independent medical advice to help strengthen your claim.

Penetrating damp and mould are caused by excessive moisture in a building. This can be due to water leaks, cooking steam, or structural defects. While penetrating damp is usually found in rented properties, it can affect any type of building.

The landlord’s responsibility in fixing this problem depends on the type of damp. There are three types of damp – rising damp, surface mould, and penetrating damp. The type of damp affected will determine how much compensation you can claim. Visit Here


There are a number of factors that can be considered when making a claim for damp and molud compensation. The most obvious one is the source of the problem. If a property is not properly heated, then condensation is likely to occur. The same holds true for failing to cover pots and pans with lids and not closing windows properly. These actions will cause water vapour to accumulate, which in turn can lead to mould and damp in the property.

Another common cause of damp and mould is faulty repairs. In such circumstances, it is possible to claim compensation for both personal and financial losses. In addition, this compensation can cover medical expenses. In order to strengthen your claim, you should get proof of your medical bills.

If you have a damp problem in your property, you may be eligible to claim compensation from your landlord. First of all, make sure that you notify your landlord in writing. Give them sufficient time to rectify the situation. If necessary, you may even be able to withhold your rent to force your landlord to rectify the problem. However, be careful not to withhold more than you need to, otherwise you could end up in court. You can also file a housing disrepair claim if the landlord fails to fix the issue.

Special damages

In one recent case, a tenant brought a claim for special damages for damp and molud damage to her property. The tenant had been living in the flat for over four years. She had smoked for most of her adult life. When she realised that the house was damp, she filed a claim with the local council. She was told that it was unlikely that a flood had occurred.

The effects of damp are not just aesthetically unpleasant – they can also affect the health of the tenant. If you are affected by mould, it can lead to a range of health issues. Fortunately, there are ways to treat mould allergies and respiratory conditions. You can make a claim for compensation for the resulting damages if the landlord has failed to make the necessary repairs.

Special damages can include medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, and lost earnings. You may also be able to claim for lost future earnings and pensions. Remember to keep receipts to support your claims.

Travel expenses

Besides the usual expenses, you can also claim for special damages such as lost earnings, care costs, or travel expenses. Keeping receipts can help you determine the amount of your claim. Keep them until you are ready to submit it. The claim process can be difficult if you are ill, but it will help you if you can gather proof of your expenses.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *